NEW YORK CITY, NY (Brooklyn Paper) – A serial sexual predator will spend four years behind bars for molesting two underage children, including a nine-year-old boy he coached in a Midwood soccer league.
Brooklyn Supreme Court Justice Barry Warhi hit 41-year-old Pablo Pineda with a four year prison sentence and five years’ post-release supervision on Wednesday following his guilty plea to abusing the two children earlier this month, according to the Brooklyn District Attorney’s office.
While working as a youth soccer coach from July of 2017 until April of the following year, Pineda repeatedly molested a child athlete in the bathroom of Friends Field on Avenue L and E. Fourth Street, according to prosecutors.
The pedophile’s scheme lasted until the victim’s mother found text messages from Pineda on the child’s phone asking the boy to go to the movies without telling his mother, authorities said.
Police cuffed Pineda the following day and searched the predator’s phone — revealing inappropriate messages sent to a teenage relative, who he also abused, prosecutors said.
Brooklyn’s top prosecutor blasted the defendant for violating the trust of two children who he was supposed to mentor.
“This defendant’s actions are upsetting and shocking betrayals of trust,” said Eric Gonzalez. “This defendant molested a boy on his team, and his own relative, who both had every expectation to believe they would be safe with him.”
The defendant formally pleaded guilty on Sept. 10 to second-degree course of sexual conduct against a child, forcible touching, two counts of endangering the welfare of a child, and failure to register as a sex offender.
The New York Post also reported:
Pineda’s record includes a 2005 arrest in Texas on charges of sex abuse of a child, an offense that led to him becoming a registered sex offender, the sources said.
He was deported in 2009 but it remains unclear when and how he returned to the United States.