NYC Freed Violent Illegal Alien, Who Then Raped, Killed 92-Year-Old Woman

NYC Freed Violent Illegal Alien, Who Then Raped, Killed 92-Year-Old Woman

NEW YORK CITY, NY (The New York Daily News) – The NYPD ignored a federal request to turn over Reeaz Khan, an undocumented Guyanese immigrant busted in November for assaulting his father, leaving the twisted suspect free to kill helpless nonagenarian Maria Fuertes six weeks later, charged Thomas Decker, field office director for the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement removal operations.

“Clearly the politicians care more about criminal illegal aliens than the citizens they are elected to serve and protect,” said Decker. “It was a deadly choice to release a man on an active ICE detainer back on the streets, and now he faces new charges, including murder.”

The NYPD and City Hall fired back in tandem at the allegation of blood on their hands in the gruesome Fuentes murder.

The police first issued a statement refuting ICE’s version of what happened, insisting the department was never notified about any detainer in this case. A City Hall source echoed the police account, adding that the city’s standard for turning over suspects was conviction rather than just allegations.

“We mourn with the family of Ms. Fuertes,” said mayoral spokeswoman Olivia Lapeyrolerie. “If Mr. Khan is convicted, the city will cooperate with federal officials in accordance with local law. It is shameful that the Trump Administration is politicizing this tragedy.”

Khan, 21, remains jailed on Rikers Island in last week’s savage and deadly assault on Fuertes as the helpless old Queens resident scavenged for returnable bottles and cans to collect a few extra dollars.

ICE officials said they targeted Khan following the Nov. 27 attack on his dad with a broken coffee cup, only to get the cold shoulder in their effort to deport the suspect because of the city’s sanctuary policies. Khan was arraigned on charges of assault and criminal possession of a weapon and released after cutting his dad in the chest and arm with the mug.

Six weeks later, he was on the Queens streets at the same time that Fuertes was walking through Richmond Hills shortly after midnight on Jan. 6. His own brother called police to identify Reeaz as the suspect after a video of the horrifying incident was released by police.

The sobbing, sniffling suspect denied any part in the elderly woman’s death during an exclusive Rikers Island interview with the Daily News.

Decker said his agency filed a second detainer Monday with the NYPD in hopes of taking Khan into custody following the murder arrest, adding that the suspect was an “unlawfully present Guyanese national” while taking a shot at city policy.

New York’s sanctuary status “repeatedly protects criminal aliens who show little regard for the laws of this nation,” Decker said.

The New York Post reported:

Khan told detectives, “He fell down, his belt broke, his pants fell down and his penis fell near her vagina,” the prosecutor, Joseph Grasso, said in court.

At that point, something came over him, Khan claimed.

“Defendant then stated that he did lift up her skirt and he tried to put his penis inside of her,” the prosecutor added.

Sources previously said Khan admitted to suffering “uncontrollable urges,” and said that this was the first time he acted on them.

Fuertes lay half-dressed in 32-degree weather for two hours before she was found, conscious but “incoherent,” at around 2 a.m., according to the criminal complaint.

She suffered a broken spine, rib fractures and bruising on her chest and neck, among other injuries, according to court papers.

*Of course, Fuertes died as a result of her severe injuries. She is remembered by her many friends as a kind woman, who always fed the neighborhood’s stray cats. In fact, she was outside of her Queens home putting food out for the cats, when she suffered the vicious attack at the hands of the illegal alien.

Through his policies of protecting criminals, New York Mayor Bill DeBlasio has more blood on his hands.

Leave a Comment