Selma, NC – Last week, Johnston County sheriff’s deputies arrested Jorge Adalberto Ortiz Perez, 38, after he nearly hit another vehicle on Mt. Pleasant Road.
At the time of his arrest, Perez had a Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) of .18, more than double the legal limit,according to court documents.
Perez has been charged with driving while impaired and driving without a license. He is currently being held at the Johnston County Jail without bond.
Perez has been charged with two other DUIs this year, according to Johnston County Public Information Officer, Tammy Amaon.
While it is no secret that deportations have nearly stopped altogether, under the Obama Administration, Perez should have been placed into deportation proceedings on Jan. 13, the date of his first DUI arrest of 2015.
In 2012, Obama ordered ICE agents to stop detaining or trying to deport illegal aliens charged with misdemeanor crimes.
The memo was signed by former ICE director John Morton, and as is custom with this administration, was quietly released on a Friday evening.
Illegal aliens are now only eligible for deportation proceedings under the following conditions:
- the alien has previously been convicted of or charged with a felony
- the alien has three or more prior misdemeanor convictions
- the alien has a prior misdemeanor conviction or has been charged with a misdemeanor offense that involves —-violence, threats, or assault
- sexual abuse or exploitation
- driving under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance
- unlawful flight from the scene of an accident
- unlawful possession or use of a firearm or other deadly weapon
- the distribution or trafficking of a controlled substance, or-other significant threat to public safety
- the alien has been convicted of unlawful entry or has illegally reentered the U.S. after a previous removal or return
- the alien has an outstanding order of removal
- the alien has been found by an immigration officer or an immigration judge to have knowingly committed fraud
- the alien otherwise poses a significant risk to national security, border security, or public safety.
It would appear that Obama has now begun disregarding his own, all-too lenient orders.