COLUMBUS COUNTY, NC – Two Columbus County men were arrested and charged with distributing cocaine throughout the county.
According to a news release, detectives with the Columbus County Sheriff’s Vice and Narcotics Unit completed a four-month investigation into Candelario Ayon Perez, 44, of Evergreen and Jose Rodriguez Aspeitia, 36, of Whiteville.
Authorities say the two men were responsible for distributing cocaine throughout the areas of Hallsboro, Whiteville, and Evergreen.
Undercover detectives allegedly made numerous purchases of cocaine from the two men. On Aug. 14, authorities arrested the pair in Hallsboro and seized 10.5 ounces of cocaine.
Perez was booked in the Columbus County Jail under a $1.6 million bond and charged with:
- Trafficking cocaine by possession (3 counts)
- Trafficking cocaine by sell (2 counts)
- Trafficking cocaine by deliver (2 counts)
- Trafficking cocaine by transportation (3 counts)
- Sell/deliver cocaine (2 counts)
- Maintaining a vehicle for a controlled substance (4 counts)
Aspeitia was charged with trafficking cocaine by possession and trafficking cocaine by transportation and given a $1 million bond.